Monday, December 30, 2013

Another New Arrival 1982 Green 2-Door Range Rover Classic/ Happy New Year Y'all!

    2014,  right around the corner.     Oh how I DREAD New Year's Eve!    Ever since about 1985,  when I began to have really crippling crushes on girls,  I seemed to always find myself alone on New Year's, listening to some gloomy British music and contemplating slashing my wrists.     It seems that tradition held strong until about 2011.    Now,   I am with the Special Lady I have a not-quite-crippling crush on,  and not thinking about ending it all.    Or, at least, not as often. 

    Not suicidal??!?   Well,  this pending arrival has a lot to do with that :   A 1982 Range Rover 2-Door left-hand-drive, manual transmission, manual seats and windows,   in Lincoln Green, coming straight outta' Holland!  How could I possibly feel depressed despite the current state of world affairs?   I don't.   Because I'll be working the shifter in this thing and feeling good, admiring my reflection passing in the blank windows of Main Street soon.

  Note to readers:    I usually get a little manic this time of year.   It does not mean I do not love you,  nor does it mean I am not taking care of business.     I just get anxious about when the tree comes down and I have five months of cold wet gray to dread, and one is expected to keep spirits high and remain productive.     I think this Winter at least myself and the immediate Family Unit is going to get to fly someplace warm where we can put our collective feet up and not have to think about import duties for a few days.     Start of February.    Clear a path.   Team Mosieur is coming to town.

    So, anyway,  the Range Rover -  My favorite green,  exactly like the one I had earlier this year,   the one which proved to me that Right Hand Drive is a grievance too sinister to bear...    This truck is a 1982 and is in good corrosion-free condition,  paint looks nice,   V8 engine runs great  (But I have a 200tdi/ 5 speed ready to plop in) and it will be a nice personal truck for me.  Still has opening front quarter/ wing windows!   Still has cool silver Rostyle wheels! Sliding rear windows!  A clutch pedal!   Just what I wanted.   So,  feel free to bring on 2014.    I can do this.

     A few images for you to admire for the time being can be found at the end of this broadcast.

    Back to you guys out there:   Please have a Happy New Year, and be safe.    Drinking and Driving is not smart.    Neither is drinking and eBaying,  or drinking and forum-posting.    You Sillies.    Now get out there and do something AMUSING!

    -Signing off for 2013,  Zak








  

  

    

1 comment:

  1. Do the older 2 door models still have the air suspension?

    ReplyDelete