Friday, April 8, 2011

Everybody leaves something in the cup

  Come on in! I say.   I say, Come on in!    Go on over there by the heater if'n ye will,  that's why it's on.  That's why I have to pay the power company their blood money every month.   Go ahead, no, don't worry, go on over there and rub your hands together in front of it.   That's why it's there!   I got these mittens here, and I am not the one to worry about,  it is my duty to see to it you are seen to, you know?  Get yerself on over there now!  Git!

   So, now that you're here,  I may as well tell you:   You're on a fool's errand.   Ye are!   Don't git up,  it's not like that, and I won't let ye leave anyway, not yet nohow, you need to hear this, it's for yer own good.   I'm yer brother fer Chrissakes!    I DO know!   Don't git up,  I'll make ye git back down in that chair, and ye know I will.   There.    Git warm, go ahead, rub them hands together up there.     Right there, yes.  Ye don't have to say nothin.    Just listen.    Ye listenin?   GOOD.

    So,  you know what they're like, right?    I don't wanna tell mama.     You know this things ain't right.  Right?   It ain't even my fault, I am just tryin to tell ye the facts as they stand today:  It ain't right.

     I told you NOT TO SAY NOTHIN'!   Set back down!   Git yer hands warm!  ..   Jest do it.    I hadda work real hard to get you where you is now, so you owe me this much.  Mama don't know, NO,  you can thank the Sweet Lord for that much.  She don't know YET, but she will.    I can make sure she will.  Right.   Well,  THAT'S why yer here ain't it?  I know it is.   You don't stop by here if you don't hafta'.   You got your reasons, just like I got mine.     Just set.  Money ain't free.    You got some more listenin' to do.   You haint even started to listen like you got to yet.   You got a lot more to do. A lot more.

  You were stubborn when you were young, too.   I suppose it ain't a surprise you stubborn now.  Difference is, you didn't have things to pay for like you do now, or if you did you didn't know about them.  Mama ain't gonna write no more checks for you the way it is, and you knows it.  So you gotta sit down and listen, or do a good job of pretending to.   You best do it.   I could just drop the whole thing, you know.   You say that, but you don't want me to, really.    You'd be left high and dry, Boy.   Dangling out there in the breeze.   Thirsty, I don't even know how much.   Don't care, neither,  you got some esplainin to do.   Apologizin.   Don't say that, just tell her what she wants to hear, and don't say that other stuff no more.   I don' wanna hear it, and I can't think of anyone else that would care to either.    It's all a bunch of nonsense, worthless to the ears, junk.   Keep it in your mouth, in your head.   Save it for later.    A nickel ain't even worth five cents no more, Boy.   You can git on up when you're told to.   Wha?     Yeh, I can do that.    I got bologna.   

    



  

  

        

No comments:

Post a Comment