Thursday, September 4, 2014

Couple more updates to the 1986 D90 - Rear seats out, new load mat & center console..

   Hiya'.  

     I have been busy getting the newest 40' container loaded and on its way   (I have a 110 and another 90 coming ) so have not had much time to do anything else here at the shop, but today finally had some time to spend with the 1986 90  -     I removed the rear seats that were there   -     It would have been difficult to get into them with the hard top on and them moved back far enough for adults to have leg room (Though they will likely go back in soon) - -  I may order sideways-facing rear seats for this truck soon. 

   After I removed the rear seats I pulled out the old load mat  and drilled out the screws for its retaining strip -  Pressure washed out the back of the truck and offered in a brand-new load mat & put a couple of screws in the new stainless steel retaining strip in back  -   It looks pretty great back there!



     Got a brand-new center console installed today too.      The brown one matched the front seats,   but was pretty shabby.  This black one looks great and has cup holders.     I'll drink to that.

   I have even applied a little 'elbow grease'  to the body with some rubbing compound -  Just about 20 minute's worth -   And the paint DOES shine up nice!  Nothing to be done about the door bottoms which have oxidized,  but the rest of the truck will actually respond well to a good cut and buff. 

    Here are a few pictures.     Sorry about the exhaust system in the front seat here -  This is going to the muffler shop in the morning to have a completely new exhaust (OEM) fitted.   


     More soon.   I am going to sell this truck soon I decided.   I have another 90 coming, and I have a couple of 110s to pay for and shipping, and the baby needs things. 

      Thanks for checking in!
 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment