Sunday, September 28, 2014

1988 Citroen 2CV 6 Special 'Dolly' - Coming soon for sale - Cool Euro RHD Classic!

   I recently purchased this (in my opinion)  very COOL 1988 Right Hand Drive Citroen 2CV6 'Special'  Dolly -     Car is in very good condition overall,  and I appreciate the 2-tone paint and utilitarian nature of the vehicle.  For those of you who are not familiar,  it has a 2-cylinder air-cooled engine in the front, driving the front wheels,   and a 4-speed manual gearbox operated from a small lever that sticks out of the center of the dash.      Full roll-top canvas when open makes this thing look like a sardine can in profile  (Or,   as it is otherwise know, the 'Tin Snail') -    And it truly returns 50MPG or better from its tiny engine.  

   this may not be the car you want to load your wife and baby into and head off onto the freeway at 70MPH,   but I suppose it would do it.      Would be a treat for running errands around town,  and of course will garner a lot of attention wherever it goes.     

   These were designed,  as legend goes,  shortly after WW2  in France to be an affordable car that a farmer could 'haul all his eggs to market in, over plowed fields,  without breaking one egg'  -   As well as being a car easily accessible to the population that can offer economy,  space,  and in French tradition a high degree of style...    

   These cars have a big following, and were very popular ,  selling a couple of million units.  Here in the USA they are highly collectible and sell for a lot more now than when they were new.   

   I am excited to get my hands on this and drive it for the short time I intend to own it-      I am going to be branching out here soon and bringing over a number of more unusual vehicles in addition to the Land Rovers -  This is what makes my 'Job' fun for me ~ 

    I will be selling this car for $8000 USD  -   If any of you are interested in buying it,   I may be offering it for sale soon with a small deposit to hold it for you until it arrives here at my shop in the USA.    Let me remind you I am now a licensed, bonded car dealer and guarantee delivery and title for this car ~    Oregon Dealer License # DA4226

   If you have any questions call me at 503-810-4713 or message me at zak@zombiemotors.net -  Thank you & enjoy the pictures !









1 comment:

  1. Such an awesome little car! I'd to see this one once it's in. It looks like a much older 60's or 70's 2CV. I thought the newer ones had rectangular headlights.

    ReplyDelete