Thursday, July 24, 2014

Range Rover Classic SWB, white, Great Divide Edition look-alike w/ 200tdi diesel 5-speed swap!

   I just got this truck in.  It looks GREAT,  and has obviously been well-taken-care-of.  Has some GDE badges, but as this truck is a 1988,  it can not be a real GDE as far as I know.      Body is perfectly straight and rust free.   Tires are huge 265-series, and appear to be brand new, and have no miles on them.     Interior looks great,   the major flaw being a long split seam in the driver's side leather seat.  ARB front bumper looks new too.   I may swap seats out to manual seats if I can find a grey set soon.   Factory radio switched out for a newer nice stereo with aux/ ipod input.

   I have here a Range - Rover issue 200tdi turbo-diesel engine and matching LT77 5-speed transmission to go in this truck.    It will have a brand-new clutch, water pump, timing belt, engine seals, diesel lift pump all installed,  and conversion will be done in about 2 weeks (Middle of August).     I have had a lot of requests for another white Range Rover Classic  - so here it is.     The short wheelbase trucks are faster,  and get better mileage by 1-2 MPG than the LWB trucks,  so this should be a great truck for someone.   AND ,  if no one buys it, I am happy to keep it.    It even smells fresh inside.     

  It is rare to find a truck that has been so obviously taken care of as this one.

    If you are interested in this truck,  or having another converted to Tdi diesel power,  shoot me an email at zombiemotors@earthlink.net or call 503-810-4713 and PLEASE leave a message if I can not answer,  and sorry folks, I do not text.   The particular geometry of my thumbs makes it a fool's errand.

   Here are a few photos for you, pre-conversion :

  
















   

No comments:

Post a Comment