Sunday, September 1, 2013

1983 Range Rover Classic all-original LHD solid MANUAL - should it stay or should it go?

    I am debating whether or not to keep this Range Rover Classic.  It is in my favorite color,  has rare manual window regulators,  4-speed manual LT95 gearbox (With an overdrive on the way for relaxed cruising and 8 forward speeds!) ,  stock 3.5L gas engine has had the top-end rebuilt and been fitted with a sing 4-barrel downdraft carburetor for more performance and easier maintenance.     All original seats inside for the time being,  nice dash with no cracks, factory A/C,  and best of all -  NO RUST WHATSOEVER.     Truck was from Nevada, and where it suffered some abuse from the sun (dried out seat covers,  faded paint)  it was preserved in other areas (like zero rust).  

    I am on the fence with this one.   I have a complete P38 black leather interior with manual seats (impossible to find here in the USA) that would fit right in making the interior look about 95% better,  I have a re-finished complete set of period-correct steel Rostyle wheels that would make it look even more '70's'  -   I have a TURBO DIESEL kit ready to drop in -      This would be my keeper.     That cool avocado green,   non-power windows,   I could make it the way I want to...     That being said,   I am not sure when I will have time to do all this, and in the meantime it is a goo shop truck, as-is.    If someone gives me what it is worth to me ;  $4000,   I would let it go.     Before you start to haggle, , I challenge you to go find another one, anywhere,   and compare prices.   You can not compare this to the 1989 Classic on Craigslist,   or your coveted 1995 LWB with soft dash -   This truck has no equal here in the states -  A color you can not find,   a manual gearbox that was never available here,   no rust...    $4000 is the bottom line.    If I build it the way I picture it,   it will be worth in the neighborhood of $15000.           SO -    Bring your 4 Gs,   and you can drive it home.    For another $800 I'll include the redone Rostyles. 

    The body has a lot of dings and dents.     The rear half of the headliner is missing (but I am actively looking for one) ,  the seats although comfortable and working, look shabby.     The matte black parts of the truck are faded.          Those are the low points.

      You can drive this while you restore it.     Make it a camper.  Convertible.   Keep it original.   Whatever you choose to do,  it will retain its value, and you will not find another one like it.

     If you have any questions or ant to see something else,   message me at zombiemotors@earthlink.net -  Thank you

  












No comments:

Post a Comment