Wednesday, August 28, 2013

An assortment of Land Rover Defender engines, diesel tdi and otherwise w/ transmissions

    I am cleaning up the shop here and need to clear out the collection of engines I have.    These are all the engines I have ON HAND HERE at the moment -   These are not engines that 'will be here soon' or engines 'I can get for you' -    These are here now, tested, cleaned, palletized and ready to collect or ship to you.    I do all the proper paperwork and import these legally, and have been collecting them for diesel conversions,   but at this point I have plenty of 'keepers' for myself,  enough to build my own fleet of diesel/tdi Range Rovers,  which will keep me happy.

    So,  the engine kits I have now -   unless otherwise described -   Are complete kits with radiator, intercooler, hoses, wiring harnesses ECUs (If needed),  clutch, transmission and transfer case, motor mounts - EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO INSTALL IN YOUR TRUCK , so you do not need to ask me ;  "does it come with the starter?"   or "what else do I need to buy to fit this in my Rover?"  -   These engines have been test-run, all have under 120K miles,  are all complete and ready-to-run, and come with a 30-day DOA warranty.      Mention you saw them here on Laughs and Lashings and I'll knock off $200 off any price.        ANY OF THESE ENGINE KITS CAN COME WITH BRAND NEW (instead of good used)  Radiator, water pump, fuel pump, timing belt kit and engine main seals for an additional $500. 

   There is a hard-to-find 300tdi / Automatic kit here  - complete -   For $4900.    Engine, automatic transmission and LT230 transfer case all in good working condition.   Complete with everything taken out of a Discovery 1,   will also fit Range Rover, and Defenders with some modifications.   Hard to obtain here in the States  - If you prefer the R380 5-speed (and all pieces to convert your truck from automatic to manual gearbox) ,  I can substitute that for the same price.    If you want the engine kit MINUS a transmission, I will credit you $500 off the price of the kit.

 



    I also have a 'correct/proper high-turbo Defender' 200tdi engine kit with CORRECT short-bellhousing LT77 gearbox.     Perfect to convert your 90 or 110 to turbo diesel, will also fit easily into a Series truck as well and give you a 5-speed transmission at the same time.     Of course, this will also fit in a Discovery or Range Rover easily,   but the beauty of the engine is really its ability to fit in the Series or Defender without modification.     I'd like $4500 for this kit, complete -   Go ahead and compare that to the guys trying to peddle their 200tdi engines alone without extra parts on ebay - I do not even think their engines are here in the USA.      


   I also have an excellent-running V8 3.5L Defender engine, complete,  with its LT85 5-speed transmission and transfer case.    This kit is for engine and gearboxes only -  No radiator, filters,  kit otherwise.    Sold as pictured here.   I personally drove this 110 for about 3 weeks with no troubles at all,  it is a great-running engine and gearbox shifted great too.  Perfect for a Defender, even cooler to put in your Series 2A or 3 to make a monster V8 Series/ hybrid truck.     Id like $2000 for the pair -







  I also have a BMW/ Range Rover P38 engine kit with engine kit only  (ALL pieces for engine conversion -  radiator, intercooler, fan shroud, wiring, ECU, power chip, motor mounts, hoses) and core transmission to use the bellhousing from to bolt up to your P38 automatic.     Excellent-running engine and very hard to find.    I have video of the engine running before being pulled - $4000 for this kit, complete:







    send me a message at zombiemotors@earthlink.net to discuss, and be sure to include your phone number - Thank you !

No comments:

Post a Comment