Thursday, October 21, 2010

Say HELLO to my little friend!

"I don't like mosquitoes one bit," I warned the mosquito which was floating lazily about the room but drifted a little too close to my face and attracted my attention. This was a mistake. "You would be well advised to steer clear of me. You've been warned."

I was standing at the sink, washing my hands, and then my face with hot soapy water. I did not sleep well the prior night, and I had just risen and begun the morning rituals. I had not had my coffee yet. As I was making adjustments to my hair, then picking something small and hard from the corner of my eye, I saw there in the mirror that mosquito, and it was getting close to my face again. I could almost hear the tinny, high-pitched buzzing in my ear. I froze for a second, hand there by my eye still, and planned my move.

"Keeeeee YAHHHHHH, Fucker!!" I spun and slapped at the thing, and thought I could actually feel the contact, it's body had enough mass for me to detect with my hand, which sort of surprised me. "Told you so. There. Was it worth it?" I half-heartedly looked around on the floor for the body so I could step on it. I didn't see it. It was probably hiding somewhere, on the back of a towel maybe. I had a feeling that wouldn't be the last I would see of the pest. We were on a collision course.

"Well, you better hide." The threat rang hollow in the bathroom, and I felt I was being mocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment