Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 4th

  I knew I was asking for trouble walking barefoot across the yard like that.   If the broken glass and sharp little beer car pull-tabs didn't get me, I knew there were parasitical larvae in some suspended state of development just waiting to find a way into a good healthy digestive tract like mine, even if it meant exploiting a weak spot in the soles of my feet in order to get in.   I am ashamed to admit it, but there were many such chinks in my armor.   The summer had just begun, and I was not in the practice of walking about with no shoes or socks on, like some ocher primitive.    I am a proud member of MENSA.  I am better than that.

  So, where were my shoes?   If I was so smart I should know the answer to this fairly simple question.

No comments:

Post a Comment