Tuesday, February 28, 2012

That horrible Mormon

   I read in the news this morning that Mitt Romney had called his main competitor in the Republican primary race, Rick Santorum,   "A sneaking cheater" for soliciting votes from the democratic voters of Michigan state yesterday.

   Well, all I can say is that it takes one to know one.

    I was already on edge when I read this, as the Future Missus Mosieur has been on edge lately.  It turns out, she is PMS-y,  which in a moment of insensitivity (I was actually trying to cheer her up with a dose of snarky humor) I remarked that PMS-y-ness was immediately followed by a period of MS-y-ness (Which I found quite clever, actually) which not only did the FMM not find amusing, not only denied, but also became quite upset and THEN became silent after hurling a few choice insults .

    You see, accusing a woman of being pre-menstrual has the exact same effect as if someone were to accuse a man of becoming drunk.  The sure-fired way to determine that the accused is in fact in that state would be their spirited denial of it.    The last thing a man who has just consumed seven beers in 45 minutes would ever do would be to admit he was becoming buzzed.     Much the same, the last thing a woman who is about to have her period in a few days would ever do would be to admit she was experiencing the symptoms of PMS.

   So, I was already in a foul mood when I read this headline story about the pot calling the kettle black.

No comments:

Post a Comment